July 2019 Favorites
Okay I’m starting this little monthly ‘favorites’ tradition to document a bit so I can look back on it, but also to share my absolute favorite things with you guys. So here goes!
- Recipe: Okay I have discovered my go-to cinnamon roll recipe. I try to find whatever excuse I can to make them because they are just that good. The Sweet and Simple Kitchen has a fantastic recipe that you can find HERE. I personally omit the cardamom and black pepper, but I’m sure with the inclusion of those it would be even better!
- Song: Lie to Me by 5SOS and Julia Michaels. I literally went a whole two weeks of getting in the car after work, rolling the windows down and screaming this song (and dancing) at the top of my lungs the whole 4 minute ride home. The link to my entire July playlist is HERE.
- Audiobook: I’m just going to have to be really basic here and say the only audiobook I’ve really listened to the last few months. I need to read/listen to something new. But I’ve been absolutely loving “You Can Heal Your Life” by Louise Hay. She just has really helped me to love myself and believe in myself again. And I think everyone needs that. You can find this audio book on Audible HERE.
- Movie: Crazy Rich Asians !!! Okay so I seriously have been creating a list of my top 5 favorite movies of all time and this one seriously hit the mark. All I talk about anymore is wanting to go to Singapore and when I listen to Kina Grannis’ version of “Can’t Help Falling in Love” I can verbally paint the picture of the wedding scene. It’s a little obsessive. You can buy it on Amazon HERE. (It also was on Redbox for awhile. I’m not sure if it still is…).
- Amazon purchase: Okay we are doing two. First off: THESE PANTS. Say hello to your favorite LuluLemon dupe for only $26. They are the most buttery leggings, really hold everything in, and are SOOOO worth it. I sized down and they fit perfect. Secondly: THESE BARRETTES. Lindsey originally bought these and they were so great on her that I ended up buying them. There are quite a few barrettes for a much cheaper price than you’d see in a store. I LOVE THEM.
- New routine/weird hack: Coconut Oil is the moisturizer of the century. I swear. I preached baby oil for so long, but I realized I missed out on so much after I switched to Coconut Oil. I have used it everyday for about 3 weeks and my skin feels like what skin is supposed to feel like rather than being scratchy and bumpy. I’ve been asked if it makes my skin feel greasy and it doesn’t. It’s pretty great. 10/10 recommend.
- Place to go: MESA VERDE NATIONAL PARK. It was so so super fun. Read more about our weekend there HERE.
- Instagram account: Okay Paige Arminta definitely wins this one. She is so incredibly creative with her pictures and the Behind-the-Scenes are so much fun to watch! Check out more of her page HERE.
We don’t need to be at each other’s throats. Let’s make each other’s lives easier, not harder.