Whole Wheat Zucchini Muffins
Okay. If it were between a loaf of a sweet bread or a muffin, I ride the muffin train all the way to the station. Seriously. Muffins are my absolute favorite. Unfortunately, they are typically chock full of butter and sugars and refined flours. Gross!
Thankfully, I’ve done some scouring around and found a few recipes that I liked. I still added a few adjustments because, well I have some weird thoughts on coconut oil and salt. (Like, did you realize that Coconut Oil was a saturated fat?! SOS! More on that later…)
This whole wheat zucchini muffin recipe I have based off of a couple recipes from Erin Lives Whole. This lady is amazing and I definitely recommend checking her out!
- 1 1/2 C Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 C olive oil (canola would also work great)
- 2/3 C honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C grated zucchini
- Feel free to add chocolate chips, walnuts, coconut shavings, whatever you feel like!
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prepare your muffin tin by either spraying it with olive oil, using parchment paper, or muffin liners.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl combine the olive oil, honey, beaten eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry and slowly add in the grated zucchini and any other mix-ins you desire.
- Pour into muffin tin (should make exactly 12 muffins), and bake for 18-20 minutes!